The Calabash returns! Join us at Theatre Deli for a vibrant exploration and celebration of West African music, food, art, dance, culture and research. Featuring live performances, complementary West African food, a film screening and a lively discussion of colonialism and human rights in Africa.
● 5.30pm - doors open
● 6pm - Screening of 'Growing Up Colonial in the Gold Coast' by Dr Afua Twum-Danso Imoh with audience Q&A
● 7pm - Interactive panel debate and discussion exploring the impact of colonial rule in Africa on today’s human rights discourse
● 8pm - Live music from kora player Jally Kebba Susso, combining traditional West African sounds with hard funk, jazz and rock
● 9pm - Performance and dance class led by Mulembas d'Africa
● Complementary West African food from Blessone’s Kitchen
● African bazaar with stalls open throughout the evening